Manual Drop Screens Warranty
This warranty is extended to the original purchaser. Manual Drop Screens must be professionally installed by Classic and cannot be altered in any way by the end user. Warranty is void once original purchaser transfers title of commercial property.
Classic Improvement Products (Classic) warrants for our Manual Drop Screens to be free from defective materials and workmanship, when properly maintained and under normal use and service, for a period of 10 years following installation. This warranty period of 10 years does not include the fabric, motor upgrade or electronics.
This warranty does not cover installation costs, removal costs, service call cost or shipping costs of any and all materials covered in the above limited warranties.
Classic does not directly warrant the fabrics, motors or electronics used for such screens. Rather, all fabrics, motors and electronics are warranted by the respective manufacturer and not directly by Classic.
Somfy Motors (Motorization Feature)
Somfy Motors come with a 5-year limited warranty.
Somfy Remote Control (Motorization Feature)
Somfy Remote Controls (radio transmitters and receivers) come with a 1-year limited warranty.
Screen Mesh & Fabric Warranty
The typical warranty for Screen Mesh or Fabric is 5-10 years depending on the manufacturer. Please contact our office in regards to the material you desire and we will gladly provide you with the warranty information.
The Purchaser shall give written notice to Classic, of any alleged failure of the Manual Drop Screen system within this limited warranty period, no later than 15 days after the Purchaser learns of such failure
This warranty and all of Classic’s obligations stated herein shall not apply to:
- any direct contact with water
- any improper installations;
- any change in color of parts that takes place over time;
- any damage to fasteners from drill or screwdriver damage;
- any faulty building construction or design;
- any repairs or alterations made without the prior approval of Classic;
- any awning damaged by misuse, abuse, vandalism, accident, or Act of God;
- any exposure to corrosive environments (ex: salt water);
- any progressive deterioration of finishes and materials due to sun, rain, abrasion, heat, salt and/or or cold;
- any moderate fraying, curling or bowing which is a natural characteristic of screen/fabric;
- any moderate waffling or puckering of the screen/fabric near a fabric seam;