Shades and Blinds Warranty
This Shades and Blinds in home warranty is extended to the original Purchaser whose name appears on the invoice. In Home Warranty is void once original Purchaser transfers title of his or her home to another party. This limited warranty shall remain in effect to the original end user, if and only if normal maintenance and cleaning practices are followed.
Classic Improvement Products (Classic) warrants to the first Purchaser only that Shades and Blinds will be free from defective materials and workmanship when properly maintained and under normal use and service. The warranty in detail for Shades and Blinds, including but not limited to aluminum blinds, array shades, faux blinds, honeycomb shades, roman shades, roller shades, sheer shades, skylight shades, vertical blinds, and wood blinds can be found below.
Purchasers’ sole remedy under this warranty is the repair or remanufacture of the defective product by Classic. Repairs will be made only with like or similar parts based on Classic’s expert decision. This warranty excludes all liability for the removal of the shades and/or blinds and the reinstallation in the same window, or damage to the window frame, glass, or any other portion of the window. This warranty does NOT cover installation costs, removal costs, service call cost, and shipping costs of any and all materials covered in the limited warranties.
Minor imperfections that are not noticeable from a distance of 5 feet away under ordinary lighting conditions are NOT considered defects. We reserve the right to inspect products prior to any repair or remake. Non-defective or altered products will be returned freight collect without credit issued or repairs made. Classic will not be responsible for any repairs or work done by a third party. This warranty does not imply automatic replacement of any product. Classic reserves the right to repair or replace any product at our own decision. Classic reserves the right to make changes and improvements in our products that may differ from products previously manufactured.
Aluminum Blinds, Array Shades, Faux Blinds, Honeycomb Shades, Roman Shades, Roller Shades, Sheer Shades, Skylight Shades, Vertical Blinds, and Wood Blinds
Shades and/or Blinds by Classic warrants that the operating mechanisms, slat, vane and shade materials contained in our window covering products (excluding those set forth below *) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product except for all motors and associated components** which have a limited four year warranty.
*All Blinds that exceed our recommended size limitations will have no warranty by Classic
* Woven wood shades are true wood shades and the imperfections of wood are not considered defects as this is the natural state of wood and its inconsistencies.
**Disposable batteries supplied with battery operated motors are not warranted by Classic
2. Purchaser’s Duties
The Purchaser shall give written notice to Classic, of any alleged failure of the Shades and/or Blinds within the limited warranty period above, no later than 15 days after the Purchaser learns of such failure.
3. Disclaimer and Exclusion of Warranties
There is no express or implied warranty, representation or condition of any kind (including without limitation warranty of merchantability or of fitness for use) except for the express warranty in paragraph 1 of this Limited Warranty, and no further warranty shall be implied by law.
This warranty and all of Classic’s obligations stated herein shall not apply to:
- any repairs or alterations made without the prior approval of Classic;
- any damage to shades and/or blinds by misuse, abuse, exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants, vandalism, intentional acts, accidents, or act of God such as wind, hail, lightning, water damage, severe heat or sun or other acts of nature.
- any shades and/or blinds installed outside;
- installation of replacement parts;
- any freight costs to ship replacement products to Classic;
- any labor cost involved in the replacement;
- any exposure to air pollutants and normal atmosphere conditions that may cause surfaces to gradually suffer from the accumulation of surface dirt or stains;
- any defect, malfunction, or failure to perform which has occurred due to abuse, improper application or failure to properly maintain the product by the end user;
- any damage to the shades and/or blinds caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed;
5. Limitation of Liability
It is understood and agreed that Classic’s liability, whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the undertaking set out above in paragraph 1 of this Limited Warranty, and under no circumstances shall Classic be held liable for indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses that anyone may suffer or incur in connection with this product in use.
6. Limitation of Actions
No action for breach of warranty shall be commenced by the Purchaser more than one year after the accrual of the alleged cause of action.
7. Professional Installation Required
Shades and/or Blinds must be professionally installed by Classic and cannot be altered in any way by the end user or a third party.
This written warranty is the complete, final, and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the quality and performance of the Shades and/or Blinds and to any and all warranties and representations related to it.
9. No Oral Modification or Waiver
No modification of this warranty, or waiver of its terms, shall be binding on either party unless approved in writing by both parties on a sales order or in email communication.
10. Governing Law
This warranty, and the rights and duties of the parties under it, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.