Retractable Screen Doors Limited Warranty
This Retractable Screen Doors Warranty is extended to the original purchaser whose name appears on the sales order. Warranty is void once original purchaser transfers title of his home to another party.
Classic Home Improvement Products (Classic) warrants, to the first Purchaser only, for our Retractable Screen Doors to be free from defective materials and workmanship, when properly maintained and under normal use and service, for life following installation. This limited lifetime warranty does not include the screen mesh.
This limited lifetime warranty does not cover installation costs, removal costs, service call cost and shipping costs of any and all materials covered in the above limited warranties.
2. Purchaser’s Duties
The Purchaser shall give written notice to Classic, of any alleged failure of the Retractable Screen Door system within this warranty period, no later than 15 days after the Purchaser learns of such failure.
3. Disclaimer and Exclusion of Warranties
There is no express or implied warranty, representation or condition of any kind (including without limitation warranty of merchantability or of fitness for use) except for the express warranty in paragraph 1 of this Limited Warranty, and no further warranty shall be implied by law.
This warranty and all of Classic’s obligations stated herein shall not apply to:
- any damage caused by a dog or cat sneaking out the bottom of the screen mesh;
- any damage caused by a child sneaking out the bottom of the screen mesh;
- any person that walks into the screen mesh;
- any improper installations;
- any change in color of parts that takes place over time;
- any damage to fasteners from drill or screwdriver damage;
- any faulty building construction or design;
- any repairs or alterations made without the prior approval of Classic;
- any screen damaged by misuse, abuse, vandalism, accident, or Act of God;
- any exposure to corrosive environments (salt water);
- any progressive deterioration of finishes and materials due to sun, rain, abrasion, heat and/or or cold;
- any wood material that has not been appropriately finished to protect it from the site conditions;
- any wood laminated products used in exterior applications;
- any moderate fraying, curling or bowing which is a natural characteristic of screen mesh;
- any moderate waffling or puckering of the screen mesh;
- any water damage caused from a change in your threshold;
- any installation of replacement screen mesh or parts;
- any freight costs to ship product replacement products to Classic;
- any labor cost involved in the replacement.
5. Limitation of Liability
It is understood and agreed that Classic’s liability, whether in contract, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise, shall be limited to the undertaking set out above in paragraph 1 of this Limited Warranty, and under no circumstances shall Classic be held liable for indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses that anyone may suffer or incur in connection with this product in use.
This lifetime warranty does not include the screen mesh. Warranty does not cover any bends, sagging, rips, tears, separation, fraying and/or snags of any sort on the screen material. The detaching of the screen mesh from the roller tube and/or pull bar is excluded as well. You are aware that your threshold has been altered and Classic will not be responsible for any tripping, falling and/or leaks of any kind. Classic is not responsible for water build up or poor water drainage from this change to your threshold.
Customer acknowledges that Retractable Screen Doors are for ventilation, bug control and/or sun reduction only; they are not meant to keep bad guys out or keep kids or pets inside. In no way are the Retractable Screen Doors installed at your home meant to be used as a security screen. In no way is Classic to be held liable for any harm done to you, your property and/or your family for using them as such screens.
6. Limitation of Actions
No action for breach of warranty shall be commenced by the Purchaser more than one year after the accrual of the alleged cause of action.
7. Professional Installation Required
Classic Retractable Screen Doors must be professionally installed by a certified/qualified dealer and cannot be altered in any way by the end user.
This written warranty is the complete, final and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the quality and performance of the screen and to any and all warranties and representations related to it.
9. No Oral Modification or Waiver
No modification of this warranty, or waiver of its terms, shall be binding on either party unless approved in writing by both parties.
10. Governing Law
This warranty, and the rights and duties of the parties under it, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.